Reporting bugs has been streamlined so things may be fixed quicker. Reports are now made to the Bug Box. The bug forum and #bugs channel on Discord have been removed.
We now have subscription tiers! Upgrades will now be on a tiered system with 3 tiers: Bronze, Gold, and Platinum. Prices are: Bronze – $3.99/mo, Gold – $6.99/mo, and Platinum – $9.99/mo. You can view the full list in the credit store or on the help site.
These tiers come with new benefits which have improved the old subscriptions (Now reflected as bronze tier) and added perks for the new ones.
Breeding from your horse’s page has gotten an upgrade! It now displays just like the breeding grounds page does. Also, horses for stud or brood now display a heart in the top right of their page to easily breed from.
You can now request breedings for ingots or money. Ingot breeding requests have been added per player requests. Accepting or rejecting requests is done through the horses manage tab.
- A horses offspring list now shows if an offspring has been retired.
Training centers now have certifications that are needed to train horses at specific discipline levels. You can read about them here.
The points for showing have been edited to be based on a percentile system vs. entry based. This was done to help slow the rapid growth of high-level horses and also give horses in low entry shows the same quality of showing as those with high entries.
We have also added an enter all 2 which mass enters horses from the show arena page. This means you can enter all your horses into one show at once.
Freezing, Training, & Aging
Horses will no longer have a set age day. Instead, they will be on a countdown system. This means that 7 days must pass for a horse to age. If a horse is frozen, that age count doesn’t go up and their age day will change after you unfreeze. To keep better track of this, horses now show how many days left until they age along with the day of the week they’ll age.
With the change to aging we have also had to make a change to training. Training will now reset 7 days after the horse was last fully trained (trained all 5 times). This is the same as the old system except it won’t all reset on Sundays and could be different per horse. If you train all your horses on the same day, you can still train them all on Sundays and see no difference with the new system.
A couple things have changed with this to avoid exploiting freezing horses to slow down aging while increasing training over a horse’s lifetime. To be clear, freezing your account is the same as pausing your gameplay. You are not meant to be able to play the game while freezing.
- You have access to some but not all of the game while frozen. You can view yours and other players’ stables and horses, search, view and post to forums, view news posts, view player profiles, and view your settings and all known issues in the Bug Box.
- Frozen players are removed from the HOF during the time they are frozen.
If you have an active auction, it and all its bids will be immediately deleted when freezing.
- You can now view horses while being frozen. You cannot manage, care, breed, train, or show them.
- Breeding cooldown is now frozen.
- Frozen horses are hidden from search.
- Frozen horses are removed from the HOF during the period they are frozen.
There is now a Horse Market which displays horses for sale by image and their BS. This is meant to give a quick easy glance at horses for sale.
Inventory items now stack! No more long list of items in your inventory. You can also filter your inventory per item for ease of organization.
The Shrouded Mine is a location in the world that replaces the Whispering Crater from V2. Anyone, rich or poor, is welcome at the Shrouded Mine. It’s the first exploration location on Eqcetera. You can find money, ingots, and gems in the mine. Currently, the gems do not do anything but we have very exciting plans for them! You now have energy. Full energy is 100%, each exploration takes 5%, and you regenerate 5% every 5 minutes.
Quality of Life Features
- You can now equip items directly from a horses page.
- Horse pages now have tabs and those tabs freeze. If you click to your next horse the tab you were on will be shown.
- The Retirement Pasture now shows your retired horses. These horses also have a nice background to indicate they are retired.
- Horse Tags have been added! Tags can be used to organize your horse in much more detail. They can be added and edited on the mange estate page.
- Notifications have received a revamp and can now be deleted.
- Brands can now be seen on a players profile.
Credits are now called ingots and have a value of $0.01 per. If you previously had credits you now have 50x as many ingots. This is so we may introduce ways for non-paying players to earn premium currency, add in items for various amounts, and work into our upcoming lore! Ingot purchases are now done by packages rather than custom amounts.
- Player Profiles have gotten a revamp and now have banners!
- Registration has also been updated to include a starting custom horse.
- Shouts have been added back! These are small advertisements which display on top of the page across the site.
- Coat colors have been updated for those with the roan gene and we now have strawberry, lilac,red,honey,blue, and purple roan!