Note: Some of the below information may have changed due to development. This post is for changes at the launch of V3. Up-to-date information can be located on other pages of this site. 🙂
The day has finally come! Eqcetera has moved to its newest version. We’ve tried to detail here some of the changes that have occurred in the transition here. Please read this post carefully before reporting any bugs or asking questions on changes. 😁
Note: Some information has been copied from previous news posts so it is all in one place.
Reporting bugs on V3 is a bit different from V2. Under the Community menu, you’ll find a new link called Bug Box. You can submit a bug that will be private between you and staff. Staff will directly communicate to you about that bug. On the Bug Box page, you’ll be able to see known issues and how many times they have been reported. This will be a comprehensive list of all issues staff are aware of, details from multiple players, and the status of it being fixed. We hope this helps streamline the bug reporting process!
With this, the bug forum and #bugs channel in Discord have both been removed.
Subscription & Upgrade Changes
Upgrades will now be on a tiered system with 3 tiers: Bronze, Gold, and Platinum. Prices are: Bronze – $3.99/mo, Gold – $6.99/mo, and Platinum – $9.99/mo. You can view the full list in the credit store or on the help site.
The Bronze Tier is available for ingot purchases. Both the Gold and Platinum tiers are subscription only.
Credits are now named ingots. Ingots are rare and consist of various metals. They will fit in with a storyline we hope to bring to Eqcetera soon.
Ingots are now 100 for $1.00 as opposed to 2 for $1.00. This means that your credits were multiplied by 50 when carried over to V3. All item prices will appropriately affect this new value, ie. breed coins now cost 500 ingots instead of 10 credits.
Individual Credit Purchases
We’re officially doing away with the custom purchase for credits from V2. This didn’t make sense with the new conversion. Instead, we’ll offer packages (which comes with some bonus ingots). You can view them in the credit store to see what will be offered.
📈 Show Calculation Changes
Points rewarded from shows have been changed to be percentile based instead of entry-based. Please check your results to see how this would change. This is only the first of these tweaks so expect more changes after we receive feedback.
🏆 Enter All
You can now select both primary and secondary disciplines which means both types of shows will be selected based on your other criteria.
An enter all 2 has been added which enters horses from the show arena. It will enter all horses for the show discipline and rank you are on. Showing could be a little as 10 clicks!
🌈Foundation Store Genes
Genetics for most breeds have been adjusted for the foundation store. This means more variety and breeds more closely resembling breed colors in RL. Leg and face markings have all increased in % to reduce the excess of non-marking horses that kept occurring. Liver chestnut for all breeds should also be lessened in frequency along with fewspot for Appaloosas.
💸 Horse Auctions
The Horse Market has been added and is an upgrade from the old auction system. You can now see horse images and BS at a glance!
Breeding from your horse’s page has gotten an upgrade and looks similar to the Breeding Grounds. If a horse is available for stud, the heart icon will appear in the top right corner and allow for you to either breed or send a breeding request.
Breeding requests are now available for ingots as well as money. You can accept or reject a horse’s breeding requests through the manage tab.
🏆 Hall of Fame
The Hall of Fame now has the most prolific stallions and mares.
😎 Player Profiles
Player profiles have gotten a bit of a revamp and the changes will be ongoing. There is now a place for achievements in the future, and we have some pretty awesome plans for the horses tab. You can also add your own banner now.
The registration page has gotten a revamp! Now, when new players sign up, they create their first horse through a simplified custom builder. All new players have to agree to the Terms of Service upon registering.
🗣️ Shouts are Back!
Now, when you post shouts, they will appear at the top of every page. If you find that annoying, there is a setting to turn them off.
❄️ Account Freezing
You can now freeze your account. A couple things have changed with this to avoid exploiting freezing horses to slow down aging while increasing training over a horse’s lifetime.
To be clear, freezing your account is the same as pausing your gameplay. You are not meant to be able to play the game while freezing.
- You have access to some but not all of the game while frozen. You can view yours and other players’ stables and horses, search, view and post to forums, view news posts, view player profiles, and view your settings and all known issues in the Bug Box.
- Frozen players are removed from the HOF during the time they are frozen.
- If you have an active auction, it and all its bids will be immediately deleted when freezing.
- You can now view horses while being frozen. You cannot manage, care, breed, train, or show them.
- Breeding cooldown is now frozen.
- Frozen horses are hidden from search.
- Frozen horses are removed from the HOF during the period they are frozen.
📆 Horse Aging
We have adjusted horse aging slightly in order to make feedback from freezing more attainable. Moving forward, horses will no longer have a set age day. Instead, they will be on a countdown system. This means that 7 days must pass for a horse to age. If a horse is frozen, that age count doesn’t go up and their age day will change after you unfreeze.
Scenario: If Beethoven is born on Monday, he will be 0 years old and have 7 days until he ages so he will age like normal the next Monday. On Tuesday of the next week, he’s frozen until the following Friday. On Tuesday, he had 6 days until he aged. On Friday, he will still have 6 days left until he ages, and his new age day will be the next Thursday.
To keep better track of this, horses now show how many days left until they age along with the day of the week they’ll age.
Why did we do this? We announced previously that a way that we were trying to combat people cheating the freezing system was to automatically age a horse if the horse had an age day while frozen. This solution was not well received because it would have forced players to take longer breaks from the game and age horses removing the benefit of freezing. We have heard you and removed the +1 year to age after thawed rule. This way, you can still take short breaks from the game without an aging penalty.
💪 Horse Training
With the change to aging we have also had to make a change to training. Training will now reset 7 days after the horse was last fully trained (trained all 5 times). This is the same as the old system except it won’t all reset on Sundays and could be different per horse. If you train all your horses on the same day, you can still train them all on Sundays and see no difference with the new system.
If someone freezes, the days left until the horse can train again will also freeze. This means that frozen horses will have the same number of trainings in its lifetime as unfrozen horses, so it will be harder to cheat the freezing system for additional trainings.
Why did we change this? This change was needed to ensure no one was able to cheat the training system which meant a change to the day count system from the every Sunday system.
🖌️ Gene/Color Fixes & Changes
- Naming for roan horses has been adjusted. Horses will be named as follows:
- Black +Rn/RnRn= Blue Roan
- Seal + Rn/RnRn= Purple Roan
- Bays + Rn/RnRn= Red Roan
- Liver + Rn/RnRn= Lilac Roan
- Chestnuts +Rn/RnRn= Strawberry Roan
- Light Chestnut + Rn/RnRn= Honey Roan
- Silver on black bases now can have either Silver Dapple or black Base + Silver layering.
- Black + ZZ = Silver Dapple
- Black +Zz = Black base + silver layering
✉️ Private Messages
New messages do not have a notification. Instead, you’ll see a number by your Messages link in the sidebar. All threads can have multiple users attached.
📦 Equipping Items
You can now equip items directly from the horse page! If a horse already has a background equipped, it will be automatically removed when a new one is equipped.
Horse pages now have tabs! These tabs freeze so the tab will be kept open for when you click to the next horse.
You can now view your retired horses. Retired horses have a special background so you can easily see that they’re retired. Horses in lineages have a retirement indicator as well.
You can now add tags to horses to easily sort them! Tags can be added and edited in estate management.
The offspring now shows if an offspring is retired or not.
Show results now have the show level.
Spaying costs $3,000 and gelding costs $150. DNA testing has also been moved over to the Vet.
Items in your inventory now stack if you have more than one item. You can also filter your inventory by item type.
You can now filter notifications to show them by type and refresh your notifications page. You can also delete one or many notifications at a time to keep your notifications page clean.
The game calendar is now an actual calendar! This will be updated frequently and even color-coded. Ooooo!
😎NEW! Shrouded Mine
The Shrouded Mine is a location in the world that replaces the Whispering Crater from V2. Anyone, rich or poor, is welcome at the Shrouded Mine. It’s the first exploration location on Eqcetera. You can find money, ingots, and gems in the mine. Currently, the gems do not do anything but we have plans for them! You will also be able to encounter a special NPC there soon so keep an eye out for updates.
You now have energy. Full energy is 100%, each exploration takes 5%, and you regenerate 5% every 5 minutes.
Clubs are now added. Only the basics have been added: club creation, user registration, horse registration, club transactions, and club settings. More will come after launch!
You can now have regular auctions without horses in the Auction House. You can auction items, ingots, and cash.
All breeds have been added to the search. If you search for Brumby, Brumby crosses should now show up in results.
DNA Testing has moved to the Vet.
➕Additional Completed Pages
- Recent activity
- Shouts – You can now delete your own shout.
- New players-only shows those with activated accounts
➕ Upgrade Additions
- You should now receive your ingot allowance on Sundays if you are gold or platinum.
- Platinum players can now add a custom horse background.
- Auto gene testing is only available now for Gold and Platinum accounts.
- Boarding passes have now increased for Gold and Platinum accounts.
➕ Small Additions
- You should now receive a notification when ingots are transferred to you.
- You should now receive bank interest on Sundays.
- You can now see a player’s brand on their profile.
- The count for breeding grounds and sales pen should now be accurate on the player profile.
- Transferring, selling, and auctioning now adds an entry to horse history.
- Prices have been added to the General Store.
- Statistics have been added to the community page.
🖌️ Custom Generator Fixes/Changes
- Homozygous genes have been increased to 3 points instead of 2.
- Silver should now overlay on top of the bases correctly.
- Marwaris should no longer overlap text.
- Spectral token color points have been fixed.
- You can no longer create Dd Norwegian Fjords.
🖌️ Art/Formatting Fixes
- Mention of credits have all been changed to ingots.
- Message links from the online page now work.
- You can now click the boarding link on the horse’s edit page if the horse is boarded away.
- Lab now links directly to the custom generator.
- There is now a back button for search. It will also display a message if there are no results.
🐛 Bug Fixes
- Horses should now be removed from boarding, have tabs reset, etc when purchased in a sale or auction.
- Magic and spectral tokens should now give better BS customs.
- You should now be able to transfer horses. The infinite loading transfer box has been fixed.
- Breeding cooldown should now be fixed.
- Double clicking one of the care options will no longer increase the subtotal per horse.
- You can no longer equip items to horses you do not own.
- All search criteria should now work.
- Private stud option should now be checked appropriately.
- Studs for ingots should now save.
- Limit breedings should now save.
- Transferring horses have been fixed.
- Sales, auctions, and stud info should now reset after transferring a horse.
- Broods and studs should now correctly display ingot prices.
- Broods and studs should now work correctly.
- Enter all settings should now be fixed.